• Q: How do I report a maintenance item?
    For normal non-urgent maintenance items please use our online maintenance Tenant Portal to submit any issues. If the issue is an emergency you may call (252) 371-1733 to report the problem. For police or fire emergencies, always dial 911 before calling us.

  • Q: What is considered an emergency?
    A: The following are examples of maintenance emergencies:
    • The main sewer line is backed up.
    • A pipe broke and water is leaking into the home.
    • There was a break-in and you have an unsecured entrance to
    the home.
    • Air Conditioning /Heating system not working – if the temp is greater than 85 degrees or lower than 55 degrees inside the home.

    If you lock yourself out of your home, you will need to call a locksmith; we do not unlock homes after normal business hours.

  • Q: Can I be charged for maintenance at the property?
    A: Yes, if resident damage or neglect causes the maintenance, you will be charged for it.

  • Q: Is smoking allowed in residential or commercial properties?
    A: Properties available for rent through THE HARRLAND GROUP, are non-smoking only.

  • Q: When is Rent Due?
    A: The rent is due on the first of the month. If the rent is not posted in our office by the fifth day of the month, a 5% late fee will be added to the balance owed. An Eviction will follow if the balance is not paid.

  • Q: Where do I pay my rent?
    A: Rent payments can be paid online through our Tenant Portal or mail a cashier's check or money order to PO Box 173, Winterville, NC 28590 Cash payments are NOT accepted.

  • Q: Can you waive my late charges?
    A: No. We do not waive late charges.

  • Q: When and how should I proceed with my notice to vacate?
    A: Notice to vacate must be received in our office in writing on or before the 1st of the month. We do require a minimum of a 30-day notice.